Want to see what we bought for this week’s $70 grocery budget? I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
We’ve been using the Eat at Home Menu Plan service this week for our meals this past week. I wanted to demonstrate a different way to shop and cook for those who want to stick with a budget but don’t have time to go to multiple stores each week or shop markdowns/sales.
The Eat at Home Menu Plan service only goes on sale twice a year and it’s on sale through Tuesday at midnight for 30% off with coupon code HOME. You can get the annual plan for just $1.13/week with this code — and the code locks in the 30% off rate for the rest of your subscription!
I saw these Tearless Onions at Aldi last week. Have you purchased these before?? I’d never heard of them. Do they actually work and not make you cry when you cut an onion??
Aldi Shopping Trip — $42.75
Kroger Shopping Trip — $17.04
Dinners This Week
- Sunday — marked down rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans
- Monday — grapefruit, Pumpkin Waffles, bacon
- Tuesday — oranges, Broccoli Cheese Egg Casserole, Banana Muffins
- Wednesday — Slow Cooker Italian Chicken/Potatoes, Banana Muffins, green beans
- Thursday — Slow Cooker Chicken a la King, Biscuits
- Friday — Dinner out since Kathrynne had an out of town basketball game
- Saturday — The kids had leftovers, Jesse and I went out with friends
- Sunday — Slow Cooker Cheeseburgers, Sweet Potato Fries