Texas Mortgage Credit Problems and Repair General Information
Posted On April 22, 2012
It is no longer possible to get a mortgage with bad credit and no money! Mortgage programs now require very good credit, or at least mostly good credit, with the last 12 months problem free. However there are still programs available for those with less than perfect credit. Here is a general idea of what is available currently:
520 or less = No Programs Available
520 to 580 = No Programs Available
580 to 620 = 20% down payment or more
620 to 680 = 3.5% to 20% down payment
680+ = 3% down payment
(Closing cost funds are needed in addition to the down payment)
(This is general information and not a promise to do a mortgage at these terms)
If your credit score is less than 620, you may not qualify for a mortgage, even with a very large down payment.
Rules are constantly changing, and there are exceptions, but it gives an idea of how your credit score is directly related to your down payment needed.
If you don’t know what your credit scores are we can check this for you at no charge. Then we can suggest a mortgage program to fit your needs.
If your current credit and funds available are insufficient the next option would be to save up a larger down payment and/or improve your credit file.
Credit Repair For Texas Mortgages
It is usually not necessary to pay a company a large sum to repair your credit. At Texas Capital Mortgage we can give you information on how to improve your credit scores. Here are some of the things we can do to help you get a good mortgage program:
- Evaluate your credit situation and create a repair plan if needed. This is done prior to loan submission.
- Suggest how to correct any outdated or incorrect information in your credit reports
- Excess inquiries can reduce your score. If there are inquires on your report that you didn’t authorize, they may be able to be removed.
- If you have any good credit that is not on your report we may be able to help you have that information added.
- We will advise you on any strategy that could improve your score.
- We want to help you get the funding you want. There are other things that can be done depending on your needs. Please take advantage of a free, no obligation, and consultation by phone or at our office.